Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother’s Day & Morel Mushrooms!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?code=1863210503125&source=jl999

Well, actually it’s tomorrow…but in some places in the world, it’s today!

Tomorrow we’re having my parents over for dinner. We’re going to BBQ some chicken and some salmon and have roasted potatoes, green beans and Asparagus. My husband is going to check out some dessert too…so not sure what he’ll pick for that, if anything.

I invited my parents over not even thinking that it was mother’s day, which is funny…but my mom called me today and said, “you know, I didn’t even realize that Sunday was Mother’s Day!” haha. Oh well…dinner will be nice.

So we’ve been cleaning the house to prepare for company. Good thing it’s not horribly messy. The kitchen, of course, was a pit…but that’s just because I LOATHE doing the dishes. They will all be done though! And I am really going to try to keep up with them and the rest of the house as well. Enough lazy ass stuff…time to get in gear here!

On to the Morels….

We had about 3 or 4 morel mushrooms growing on the side of our house and our neighbor asked that we don’t mow over there so he could pick them when they got a bit bigger. His son wanted them.

I’ve heard of morel mushrooms before, but I always thought that they grew in the woods, not in the suburbs! Kind of weird!

Anyway, because they are kind of cool looking and because I just think it’s bizarre that they were growing there, I took a couple pictures of them.

See them in the center of the photo?

Here’s a close-up of the bigger one.

Pretty cool, huh?

Our neighbor put pots over them and I guess it really helped them grow! My husband said they were huge when he picked them today. I wish he would have gotten a picture…oh well. Maybe I can get one next year. This is the 2nd year he’s picked them there.

I have to get back to cleaning…hope you all have a great Mother’s Day!

0 comments: