Saturday, January 10, 2009

Scrappy Page - Christmas Eve Traditions

Since today is such a snowy day, I decided it would be a great time to sit and make a scrappy page.

This is a page using picture of our traditional Christmas Eve hors'devours dinner. We've been doing this as long as I can remember. We used to go to the children's mass at church, come home, eat dinner, and then open gifts...the gifts were always from my immediate family...so from each of my sisters and one from my parents. Then we'd watch Holiday Inn and head to bed waiting for Santa's arrival.

Now that we're grown up and mostly all married we don't always start out at church, but the dinner menu remains the same. We had to sit around the table this year, which was kind of strange, but there wasn't enough room in the living room for all of us.

After dinner, we opened gifts and then my sister and her husband and son left because she has to play Santa. My husband left to feed the zoo and I stayed with my little sister and her, my mom and I watched White Christmas.

It's fun to keep these holiday traditions. We always look forward to them!

Credits:
Template by Andrea Gold
Papers and Elements from "Very Merry" kit by Britt-ish Designs & DeCrow Designs
Photo Actions by CoffeeShop Free PS/PSE Actions

I love the vintage colors in this kit, and along with the action I used on the photos, I thought they went together PERFECTLY!!

0 comments: