Sunday, October 12, 2008

Wedding Recap, New Camera, Daytrip to Frankenmuth & Laptop!!

I'm a bad blogger, I've been busy this week and have been neglecting my blog!!

The wedding was last weekend and it was a good time. The ceremony was a handfasting and was really unique. My sister's Wiccan and her husband is Scottish and she loves all things Celtic, so it was a very interesting mix. I'll post some scrappy layouts as soon as I make them!

His family is HUGE and they are very nice and were hospitable to us. The drive up north was pretty with the fall colors and the dogs did well in the car. We couldn't rent a minivan as we had planned...but that's ok. Everything worked out well! I am, however, VERY glad it's over. Not in a bad way or anything, but it was kind of stressful for me....and I wasn't even the one getting married!!

My bonus FINALLY came and we got the opportunity to pay off a few things, my car included! WHEW!!! No more car payment! I also got a couple toys to play with!!

 
This is my new camera! I got a Canon Rebel XSi and let me say, I LOVE IT!!! I know it's going to take me a long time to learn how to really use it, but the picture quality is outstanding! I feel like a grown up picture taker now! haha I am adding my Flickr widget or gadget on the side...check out some of my pictures. These won't be personal pix, I have another site for those...but just landscapey ones and ones of the animals. 
I used it yesterday when my husband, my sister and I drove north for a couple hours to Frankenmuth, MI which is like a little German town. It's really cool there, they have horses and carriages and great food. We ate a late dinner at the Bavarian Inn after shopping all day.
They have this quilt store at the River Place that I've always walked into and drooled over the quilts that they have there. I really love quilts and always wanted one, but they're so much money. Well they were having an AWESOME sale and I was able to get a Queen sized quilt for 35.00! I can't wait to snuggle up with it!
They also have this HUGE Christmas Store called Bronners. It's really cool there, the store is massive and is definitely a daytrip in itself! We didn't have time to make it down there, but we did drive through the parking lot to see all of the cool Christmas decorations that are lit...probably all year round. They also sell alot of original glass ornaments in just about every shape/theme imaginable. And they have these cool personalized bulbs. My inlaws have a bulb for each of us with our names on it on their Christmas Tree. Check out their online catalog and you'll see what I mean!
Here are a few pictures. 

Frankenmuth, MI
Frankenmuth, MI
Frankenmuth, MI

I LOVE the last one with the fall colors...it was pretty up there and so pretty driving up! I would have stopped if we weren't with my sister and it wasn't so late in the day.

Ok moving along to....my laptop! woo hoo!! I got an HP. It's a 17 in, 4 gig RAM, 320 gig hard drive. Bigger than my desktop! LOL Took me a bit to figure out the wireless thing, but I got it and we're good to go. I need to get a case for it and I'll be all set. It's kind of weird to not use a mouse. I ended up getting one, but don't really plan on using it ALL the time.

0 comments: